JOIN NOW – Start immediately!
Online Practitioner Diploma In Compassionate Ericksonian Hypnotherapy
The legendary distance learning Practitioner Diploma course you can study from home.
Over the years Stephen Brooks has become one of the most respected hypnotherapists in the world and he has taught many of the biggest names in hypnosis and therapy today. His courses have run in over 20 hospitals and universities and are at the cutting edge of hypnosis training both academically and as skill based trainings. Stephen’s course is not a typical rote learned hypnosis course based on memorising scripts – his course is the most innovative, compassionate and cutting edge online hypnosis training available, based on years of research and practice.
Stephen Brooks and the art of Compassionate Ericksonian Hypnotherapy surely sets the highest standard.
— Dr Ernest Rossi – author with Milton H Erickson of The Collected Papers of Milton H Erickson
What You Will Get
You can now be awarded our Practitioner Diploma in Compassionate Ericksonian Hypnotherapy while studying at home, in a café or even when sitting on a park bench.
You will be able to help people overcome life-long problems, overcome pain, fears, phobias, weight issues, smoking and lack of confidence. Plus you will be able to do this indirectly using the effective techniques of Ericksonian Hypnosis.
The online course features techniques, skills and principles that reflect the way that the compassionate approach to Ericksonian hypnotherapy has evolved over the past 30 years covering the major problems that can be treated with hypnosis.
- EARN AN ONLINE PRACTITIONER DIPLOMA IN COMPASSIONATE ERICKSONIAN HYPNOTHERAPY.
- SIGN UP WITH A 10% DEPOSIT!
- THEN PAY IN 9 MONTHLY INSTALMENTS WHILE YOU STUDY ONLINE!
- START ANYTIME!
- Unlike most online courses, our course isn’t a video of a previous classroom presentation – it’s a university style course designed from the ground up.
- Featuring specially recorded video lessons about Ericksonian hypnosis techniques, skills and language patterns (three lessons a week)
- Plus monthly therapy videos of Ericksonian hypnosis pioneer Stephen Brooks doing full therapy sessions (over 45 hours of therapy sessions with real clients)
- Including video commentaries by Stephen Brooks explaining everything that is happening in each of the therapy videos
- Plus weekly course notes covering each skill and technique and principle
- And weekly discussion forums covering every lesson
- Plus ongoing practical assessment of your work with feedback 3 times a week
- And online support and advice from staff, other students and course graduates
- Students work at their own pace – usually qualifying within 3 – 12 months, but many stay on longer
- Plus you will have ongoing daily access to the course after you’ve qualified without further charge
The interventions taught on this course are designed to help your future clients with problems such as weight control, smoking, phobias, anxiety, pain control, confidence, depression, sports performance, self esteem etc. You will learn how to use Compassionate Ericksonian Hypnotherapy techniques with any psychological, emotional or social problem.
Stephen Brooks not only knows how to do effective Ericksonian Hypnosis he knows how to teach others how to do it.
— Bill O’Hanlon – author of Taproots and Solution-Oriented Hypnosis.
Course Syllabus (click to view)
Verbal Rapport Building Utilizing Open Questions and Self-sharing:
- Learn to build trust and rapport with these simple highly focused questions.
Positive Frame and Reverse Frame Hypnotic Suggestions and Negative Tags:
- Learn how to get the other person to agree with you and develop an acceptance for your ideas.
Identifying the Minimal Cues of Hypnotic Trance:
- This unit will teach you how to recognise good hypnotic subjects and how to recognise when someone is going into trance.
The Uptime Downtime Hypnotic Trance Induction:
- This unit is based on two combined hypnotic induction techniques where the person is encouraged to shift their attention from one hypnotic state to another as an induction.
The Confusion Hypnosis Induction:
- This unit demonstrates how to use confusion as a hypnotic induction, how to create confusion, how to utilize it when it occurs naturally.
The Laws of Observation and Utilization in Hypnotherapy:
- This unit is based on the important principles of observation and utilization and teaches you what to do when you first start using hypnosis and then how to utilize what someone says or does, moment by moment.
Hypnotic Anchoring and Conditioning Techniques:
- This unit will teach you how to utilize human conditioning to get people to accept ideas and therapeutic treatment and how to also use these principles to induce hypnosis.
Pseudo Orientation in Time Hypnosis Technique:
- This technique will allow you to take someone into an imagined future and to report on what was necessary for their treatment to be successful.
Double Bind Hypnosis Suggestions:
- This unit teaches you a very effective hypnotic language pattern called the Double Bind. There are several classes of hypnotic double bind and they motivate people to accept new ideas and ways of accepting treatment programs.
Open-ended Hypnosis Suggestions:
- This unit teaches you a very effective hypnotic language pattern called the Open-ended Suggestion. These suggestions will help you induce hypnosis effectively and help someone accept new ways of thinking about their problem.
Arm Levitation Hypnosis Induction:
- The unit is based on an innovative approach to a traditional hypnotic technique where the person goes into a trance as their arm automatically lifts into the air.
The Laws of Positive Expectancy and Reinforcement in Hypnosis:
- This unit looks at the role of implication in speech and non-verbal behaviour and teaches you how to develop the skill to influence indirectly through an attitude of expectancy.
Implication, Compression and Economic Hypnotic Language:
- This unit will teach you how to maximize the time available by streamlining the hypnotic techniques you are being taught. This will help you be more effective when you interact with people.
The Laws of Reversed and Concentrated Effort as a Hypnotic Phenomena:
- This unit looks at the role of paradox in clinical practice and how you can use this as a therapeutic tool within your profession.
Arm and Eye Catalepsy as a Vehicle for Inducing Hypnosis:
- This unit will teach you how to produce hypnotic catalepsy as a hypnotic induction. This will reinforce someone’s confidence in you and in the treatment.
Responding to People who have Polarity Responses:
- This unit will help you deal with difficult and resistant people. You will learn techniques to calm someone down, to change the way they think and to turn objections into opportunities.
Passive Response Hypnotic Suggestions:
- This unit teaches you skills that help a person trust themselves more easily and not interfere in the treatment process in a negative way.
Learning and Teaching Someone How to Use Self Hypnosis:
- This unit will teach you to use self-hypnosis for your own personal development and to be able to teach it effectively to your patients.
Matching and Mirroring Someone’s Body Posture for Hypnosis:
- This unit is based on building rapport very quickly. You will learn to build trust almost immediately with every new person you meet.
Matching and Mirroring someone’s voice tonality, pitch and volume as a Hypnosis Technique:
- This unit is also based on building rapport very quickly. It will also help you to induce hypnotic trance more quickly and deeply.
Identifying and Matching Predicates as an Indirect Hypnosis Rapport Building Technique:
- This unit will help you achieve two outcome, understanding how someone experiences their problems and how to build rapport quickly and effectively.
Hypnotic Inductions based on Eye Fixation and Distraction Techniques:
- This unit is based innovative new ways of using classic eye fixation techniques as hypnotic inductions. You will learn how to indirectly hypnotise someone using your and their eyes.
Hypnosis Techniques for Communicating with the Unconscious:
- Learn about the right and left hemisphere and the abilities of the right and left brain.
Calibrating Facial Symmetry as an Observation Technique:
- Learn how the hemispheres influence the non-verbal cues on the face.
The Insertive Eye Contact Hypnosis Induction Technique:
- Learn how to implant suggestions indirectly into another person’s unconscious mind.
The Confusion Hypnosis Induction Technique:
- Learn how to utilize senses and behaviors as a powerful hypnotic induction by continually re-directing attention.
How to Use Indirect Contingent / Dependent Suggestions to Induce Hypnosis:
- This Unit will teach you how to apply pacing and leading to create interlocking chains of associated hypnotic suggestions to produce a network of mutually compounding directives.
How to Use Nominalizations as a Hypnosis Deepening Technique:
- This Unit will teach you how to create and apply non-specific hypnotic language that meets needs at an unconscious level.
How to use Indirect Passive Response Suggestions:
- This Unit will teach you how to play down the importance of the conscious mind while opening the potential of the unconscious mind.
How to Develop Someone’s Response Attentiveness to Hypnosis:
- When a person enters therapy they are sometimes apprehensive and have various expectations. This Unit will teach you how to utilize and build these expectations as a hypnotic and therapeutic tool.
How to Use Indirect Eye Fixation and Distraction as Hypnosis Inductions:
- In this Unit you will learn how to induce trance using only your eye movements. The Unit covers how to focus, direct and re-direct focus of attention directly and indirectly.
How to Use Indirect Non-verbal Hypnosis Inductions:
- This Unit will teach you how to induce hypnosis non-verbally by replicating trance in yourself, using pantomime techniques and trance anchoring.
How to use Favorite Leisure Activity to Induce Hypnosis:
- When people are enjoying themselves they are often in trance but don’t know it. This Unit will teach you how to use various leisure interests as trance inductions. Contexts used as trance inductions include: Creative absorption: listening / playing music, painting, listening to a lecture, watching a film, watching television). Conscious focus: playing sports, exercise, dancing. Daydreaming as trance experience, Thinking as trance experience.
How to Indirectly Evoke Previous Trance Experiences:
- One of the quickest and most effective ways of inducing trance is to re-induce a previous trance. This Unit will teach you how to re-induce previous trance states from your own sessions and from those of other therapists.
How to Match Breathing and Develop Progressive Relaxation in Someone:
- This Unit will teach you how to utilize the sensory experiential approach of relaxation, visualization and counting to induce hypnosis.
How to Use Classes of Hypnotic Double Bind:
- This Unit will teach you how to create a compelling illusionary choice by creating binds and double binds that motivate people and lead to therapeutic benefits. Binds covered include: Binds, Double Binds, Conscious-Unconscious Double Bind, Dissociation Double Bind, Double Dissociation Double Bind, Non Sequitur Double Bind, Reverse Set Double Bind, Bind and Double Bind Questions and Time Binds.
How to Use the Uptime Downtime Hypnosis Induction:
- This Unit will teach you how to utilize the extremes of altered states of consciousness and eye fatigue to induce hypnosis.
How to use the Self Suggestion Hypnosis Technique:
- This Unit will teach you how to induce hypnosis through a process of self-observation and self-suggestion that tie up all the senses.
How to perform an Indirect Arm Levitation Hypnosis Induction:
- This Unit will teach you how to induce and deepen trance with arm levitation techniques based on the apposition of opposites.
How to Use Hypnotic Surprise Techniques:
- This Unit will teach you how to induce hypnosis with surprise, shock and disorientation.
How to Use Early Learning Set Hypnosis Induction:
- This Unit will teach you how to use Erickson’s classic induction with people to evoke their early learning strategies for exploring hidden potential.
Learn the “My Friend John” Hypnosis Induction:
- This Unit will teach you how to utilise someone’s minimal cues of impending hypnotic trance as part of an analogy about hypnotising another person.
How to Use Indirect Behavioural Emphasis (Analogue Marking, Interspersal Technique) and Embedded Commands for Hypnosis:
- This Unit will teach you how to induce trance indirectly by covertly placing emphasis on selective parts of your communication.
Learn the Use of Indirect Hypnotic Language Patterns:
- This Unit will teach you how to use Fractured Semantics (Partial Remarks and Dangling Phrases). The Unit includes: Implication (Implied Directive), Double Meaning, Stacking Realities, Inter-contextual Cues and Suggestions and Conscious Incompetence Suggestions (Losing Abilities).
How to Use Stacking Hypnotic Potential, Multiple Tasks and Indirect Overloading Techniques in Hypnosis:
- This Unit will teach you how to offer simultaneous tasks that create conscious confusion and an acceptance for ensuing trance.
Learn to Recognize the Minimal Cues of Hypnotic Trance:
- Learn how to become more intuitive by recognising the indicators of hypnotic trance that happen unconsciously as people drift in and out of hypnosis.
Learn Hypnotic Compound Suggestion Language Patterns Utilizing the Observable and Non-observable Stacking Technique:
- Learn how to shift someone’s awareness from external to internal reality by embedding stacked Compound Suggestions and “truisms that shock” within an Ericksonian trance induction.
Learn to Identify Someone’s Positive and Negative Response Cues:
- Learn how to recognize when people are thinking yes or no by calibrating to their minimal cues and changes in muscle tone.
The Old Master Hypnosis Induction:
- How to give someone the experience of floating out of their body and deeper into trance.
Post Hypnotic Suggestions:
- Learn how to trigger new behaviors or ways of thinking within a person after and between consultations.
Hypnotic Serial Suggestions:
- Learn how to re-create a remembered event in a compelling way by re-structuring a detailed visualization.
Matching and Mirroring Behaviour During a Consultation:
- How to utilise facial expressions and minimal cues to build rapport and induce hypnosis.
The Four Seasons Hypnosis Induction:
- Open up your creativity with this therapeutic and metaphoric visualization induction that induces and deepens hypnosis.
Non-verbal Hypnotic Induction:
- Learn ways to induce hypnosis non-verbally by replicating trance, anchoring suggestions to eye blinks, de-focusing your eyes and offering tactile confusion.
Who Should Attend?
Our course is especially designed for people thinking about a career in hypnotherapy. It is also popular with practicing hypnotherapists wanting to develop their Ericksonian hypnosis skills. Our students come from the caring professions and members of the public.
The course has a rolling format, so you can start as soon as you enroll!
Course Fee and Enrollment
Online Practitioner Diploma in Compassionate Ericksonian Hypnotherapy
Start the course as soon as you enrol.
You can either pay in full or with a 10% deposit followed by 9 monthly installments of only £197.50 starting upon enrollment.
Your Investment: : £ 1,975
If you have any questions before enrolling please email us here