Practitioner Diploma in Non Attachment Therapy (NAT)
Dates to be announced
Join the waiting list for a place on this course
Format: A skill based training taught through a combination of demonstrations of live therapy with clients and student exercises.
Introduction by Dr Matthias Kaiser Ph.D (Linguistics), Post Doctoral Fellow in Cognitive Science – University of California Berkley and Stanford University Palo Alto.
It’s a well known story within the therapy community. Stephen Brooks gave away his house, car and all of his possessions in the 1990’s to spend 8 years meditating in the jungles of northern Thailand. He gave up his successful life in London to discover if Buddhist teachings could be integrated with western psychotherapy. After eight years of mindfulness meditation he created a new approach to psychotherapy that he called Non Attachment Therapy (NAT) and decided to make his teaching available again in the west so he could share this wisdom with us.
Since then, this highly effective way of interacting with people has been researched and thoroughly tested and has been shown to produce dramatic results in others in only an hour of conversation or teaching, including freedom from long term problems.
What You Will Learn
You will experience Stephen working with clients who are seeking a happier life. During each therapy demonstration he will explain in detail what he is doing during each session and break down step-by-step the skills, techniques and principles he is using.
This is a fully immersive experience where you will see Stephen transform people’s lives with his wise and compassionate therapy and where you will become an integral part of the experience yourself, as you contribute to the analysis of Stephen’s techniques and skills. It promises to be a truly life changing experience.
Stephen’s approach to Psychotherapy is based on the Buddhist principles of non-attachment, compassion, loving kindness and dependent origination integrated with the skills and techniques of modern day psychotherapy, especially the utilisation of naturally occurring trance states as pioneered by Milton H Erickson.
- Stephen will teach you the therapeutic skills and principles of Non-Attachment Therapy and you will watch him working with actual clients in therapy sessions.
- You will then discuss in groups what happened during each session and break down everything Stephen did, step by step.
- As your understanding evolves over the period of the course, patterns will emerge as you take on the skills and principles yourself.
- You will learn this approach and the concepts being applied, and why it works as a therapy when combined with naturally occurring trance and meditative states.
- As the course progresses you will discover a blueprint of the way Stephen works and be able to replicate it for yourself.
‘You already have compassion in your heart, this is your greatest gift”.
His Holiness the Dalai Lama to Stephen Brooks (1993).
Non Attachment Therapy changes the way that thoughts and feelings affect each other. It offers freedom from trauma, worries and negative emotions effortlessly and without relapse. The changes are recognizable and dramatic. You will learn how to do this yourself on this course.
Who Should Attend
The course is open to anyone with a heart to heal others and a willingness to commit to their own personal and professional development for the benefit of clients, patients and friends.
You will be awarded a Practitioner Diploma in Non Attachment Therapy allowing you to practice as a Non Attachment Therapist and/or integrate Non Attachment Therapy into your work.
Dates and Times etc
- Starting: Dates to be announced – please join our waiting list for a place on this course.
- PLEASE NOTE: The course is limited to only 20 participants.
- Format: A skill based training taught through therapy demonstrations with actual clients and student exercises.
”Buddha has given you these words to heal and teach his wisdom over seven lifetimes”.
His Holiness the 16th Gyalwang Karmarpa of Tibet to Stephen Brooks (1977).
Course Fee and Enrollment
Stephen Brooks Practitioner Diploma In Non Attachment Therapy – A Way Of Living And Healing
Dates to be announced – join our waiting list and we will let you know when dates are confirmed.
YOUR INVESTMENT: £1,485 – Enrol now with a 10% deposit.
Balance due 10 days before course date.