London Certificate in Compassionate Ericksonian Psychotherapy
This course is all about helping people overcome problems using Ericksonian psychotherapy techniques. Some experience with Ericksonian hypnosis is recommended.
- Location:Birbeck College, University of London, Malet Street, London WC1E 7HX, United Kingdom
- Dates:Saturday 17th to Sunday 25th of August 2019 (9.30am – 5.30pm)
Your trainer is Stephen Brooks. Over the years Stephen has become one of the most respected hypnotherapists in the world, well known for his insight, compassion and relaxed conversational way of helping people overcome challenging problems. He has taught many of the biggest names in hypnosis and therapy today and his courses have run in over 20 hospitals and universities at the cutting edge of hypnosis training both practically and academically.
Stephen Brooks and the art of Compassionate Ericksonian Hypnotherapy surely sets the highest standard.
— Dr Ernest Rossi – author with Milton H Erickson of The Collected Papers of Milton H Erickson
What You Will Get
This course is part 2 of our Practitioner Diploma in Compassionate Ericksonian Hypnotherapy. It can be taken as a stand alone course in therapy (Certificate in Compassionate Ericksonian Therapy) or taken together with the part 1 (Certificate in Compassionate Ericksonian Hypnosis).
Part 3 (Certificate in the Theory and Principles of Compassionate Ericksonian Hypnotherapy) is our one year online course that is included for free if you sign up to both parts 1 & 2.
By the end of part 2 (this course) you will have developed a compassionate, empowering and hypnotic state of being, allowing you to help people grow, change and heal using Ericksonian therapy techniques in a compassionate and caring way.
- EARN A CERTIFICATE IN COMPASSIONATE ERICKSONIAN THERAPY (Part 2 of our Practitioner Diploma in Compassionate Ericksonian Hypnotherapy)!
- SIGN UP WITH A 10% DEPOSIT!
- NOTHING ELSE TO PAY UNTIL AFTER YOU HAVE GRADUATED!
- THEN PAY IN 9 MONTHLY INSTALLMENTS AFTER GRADUATION!
- HUGE DISCOUNT IF ENROLLING IN BOTH PARTS 1 & 2!
- PLUS GET FREE ACCESS TO OUR ONE YEAR ONLINE COURSE IF SIGNING UP TO BOTH PART 1 & 2!
- COURSE HELD IN CENTRAL LONDON!
- LOW COST STUDENT ACCOMMODATION AVAILABLE!
Who Should Attend?
This course is specially designed for people working in healthcare professions like psychotherapists, psychologists, doctors, nurses, and social workers. It is also an excellent way for people working in different fields like education and personnel management to learn how to help others more effectively. Some people take this course as a part of their own personal development.
The course is open to graduates of part one of our Practitioner Diploma in Compassionate Ericksonian Hypnotherapy or have a similar level of hypnosis training or knowledge.
This course has a unique concept of multi-level learning; acquiring principles, concepts and structures at the conscious level while developing intuitions, experiences, and creative strategies at the unconscious level.
Every Course Day Will Include:
- Presentations of Ericksonian hypno-therapeutic principles, techniques and language patterns
- Live demonstrations of compassionate hypnotherapy in front of the group
- Short and playful exercises to practice specific skills
- Brainstorming sessions to generate new ideas, pathways and possibilities
- Structured exercises to practice hypno-therapeutic techniques and skills in a compassionate way
- Integrative exercises to practice full hypnotherapy sessions for a wide range of problems
Here is an overview of the topics covered in this course.
All elements from the first level (hypnosis) course will be reviewed and integrated with the skills, techniques and interventions of this course.
The Compassionate Hypnotherapy principles as taught on the first level course are taken to the next level on this course. You will learn to express these principles through skills and techniques and be able to internalise them as a natural state of being
- Learn to use Observation-Utilisation for planning therapeutic outcomes
- Learn to use conscious/unconscious dissociation for creating safe and effective therapy interventions
- Learn to use automatic/unconscious change and healing techniques
- Learn to use unconscious resources and solutions for resolving your client’s problems
- Learn to use multilevel communication to maximise your effectiveness as a therapist and your time availability
- Learn to use naturalistic trance for change at the unconscious level
- Learn to use your client’s individuality to create momentum and motivation for therapy
- Learn to maximise your therapeutic flexibility and creativity in therapy sessions
You will learn to master techniques from Compassionate Hypnotherapy for solving specific psychological, emotional or social problems
- Learn to use the Multiple Mirror therapy technique
- Learn to use regression and revivification therapy techniques
- Learn to use cellular healing therapy techniques
- Learn to use the scrambling technique to remove symptoms
- Learn to use therapeutic embedded metaphor techniques
- Learn to use therapeutic tasking techniques
- Learn to use the multiple screen technique for life evaluation and re-focusing
- Learn to use strategic therapy techniques for stopping smoking and weight loss
- Learn to chunk information given by the client so you can reframe or find agreement for problem solving
- Learn to use reframing to get clients to see their beliefs and outcomes in new ways
- Learn to use symptom prescription, displacement and transformation
- Learn to recognise clients’ verbal and non-verbal metaphors
- Learn to seed ideas and suggestions for change
You will learn how to acquire high quality information that is essential for quickly getting to the heart of problems and knowing how to deal with them
- Learn to ask open questions and acquire high quality information about your client’s problems.
- Learn to identify the source and structure of your client’s problems
- Learn to use well-formed outcome questions to help clients focus on appropriate attainable outcomes for themselves
- Learn to use Solution Focused questions to create effective therapeutic tasks for clients
- Learn to evoke genuine unconscious responses to questions that the client can’t answer consciously
- Learn to ask questions about meaning, identity and mission
- Learn to use metaphors and analogies to elicit unconscious answers to questions
- Learn to observe nonverbal or delayed responses to questions
- Learn to shape questions with body language, voice tone and breathing
- Learn to use paradox: eg: asking clients to hold back information
You will learn additional effective interventions for solving psychological, emotional or social problems
- Learn to use sub-modalities in hypnosis to change feelings and beliefs
- Learn to use a swish technique in hypnosis for changing beliefs and expectations
- Learn to remove phobias in a caring and compassionate way with hypnotherapy
- Learn to use anchoring for communication and therapy
- Learn to create therapeutic metaphors and analogies
The interventions in this course are designed to help people with a large range of issues including anxiety disorders, complex eating disorders, psychosomatic symptoms, substance abuse, depression, OCD, PTSD, insomnia, relationship problems, sexual dysfunction and pain.
The severity of the problems or symptoms you can treat will of course depend on your general knowledge and experience as a coach, counsellor or therapist as well as your current area of expertise.
People not working in a healthcare environment often use this course to boost their communication skills or to make a leap in personal growth.
Stephen Brooks not only knows how to do effective Ericksonian Hypnosis he knows how to teach others how to do it.
— Bill O’Hanlon – author of Taproots and Solution-Oriented Hypnosis.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Establish deep rapport, creating an atmosphere of safety and trust
- Acquire high quality information in a safe, respectful and effective way
- Utilise hypnotic states to create profound change in clients
- Use advanced hypnotic language to resolve problems in any therapeutic field
- Use advanced hypnotic interventions for various symptoms, disorders and goals
- Transform your own fears/doubts/symptoms into resources
- Unleash your own unconscious potential and wisdom
Our courses are recognised by the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council and graduates can apply for membership to the General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR) on completion of parts 1, 2 and 3. In line with minimum training hours required for membership to the General Hypnotherapy Register you are required to have a Practitioner Diploma in Compassionate Ericksonian Hypnotherapy to be eligible for membership. After two years in practice you can also apply for Advanced Practitioner status with the GHR.
Discounted Course Fees
Parts 1, 2 and 3 make up our complete Practitioner training and most people sign up for the complete training at the outset as this is much cheaper than paying for each part separately. For students not wanting Practitioner status or membership to the General Hypnotherapy Register, each part can be taken as a stand alone course. All parts can be paid for with monthly installments and parts 1 & 2 can be paid for in monthly installments starting after you have completed them.
So the course fees are as follows:
Practitioner Diploma in Compassionate Ericksonian Hypnotherapy (parts 1, 2 and 3): £3800 paid with a 10% deposit when you sign up, then nothing more to pay until after you have finished parts 1 and 2. Balance then payable with 9 installments of only £380 per month.
OR if each level is taken separately:
Part 1 only (Certificate in Compassionate Ericksonian Hypnosis): £2600 paid with a 10% deposit when you sign up, then nothing more to pay until after you have finished the course. Balance then payable with 9 installments of only £260 per month.
Part 2 only – this course (Certificate in Compassionate Ericksonian Therapy): £2600 paid with a 10% deposit when you sign up, then nothing more to pay until after you have finished the course. Balance then payable with 9 installments of only £260 per month.
Part 3 only (Online Certificate in the Theory and Principles of Compassionate Ericksonian Hypnotherapy): £1975.00 paid in 10 monthly installments of £197.50 starting when you enroll (this course is free if you enroll on both levels 1 & 2).
Signing up for the complete Practitioner Diploma course at the outset represents a saving of £3375. Plus, if you pay in full when you sign up, you will also receive immediate access to the online course. So you can begin your online training immediately.
- Location: Birbeck College, University of London, Malet Street, London WC1E 7HX, United Kingdom
- Dates: Saturday 17th – Sunday 25th of August 2019 (9.30am – 4.30pm). Times: 9.30am – 4.30pm
- Accommodation: Low cost student accommodation is available within the university or on Air BnB, or you can choose from a list of hotels in the area
Course Fee and Enrollment
London Practitioner Diploma in Compassionate Ericksonian Hypnotherapy
London Certificate in Compassionate Ericksonian Hypnosis: 3-11 August 2019.
London Certificate in Compassionate Ericksonian Therapy: 17-25 August 2019.
Online Certificate in the Theory and Principles of Compassionate Ericksonian Hypnotherapy: Start anytime.
Your Investment: : £3,800
Paid with a 10% deposit when you sign up, then nothing more to pay until after you have finished parts 1 and 2. Balance then payable with 9 installments of only £380 per month.
Places are strictly limited. If you have any questions before enrolling please email us here
London Certificate in Compassionate Ericksonian Therapy
17-25 August 2019
Your Investment: £2,600
Paid with a 10% deposit when you sign up, then nothing more to pay until after you have finished the course. Balance then payable with 9 installments of only £260 per month.
Places are strictly limited. If you have any questions before enrolling please email us here