BHRTI offers a 9-day Master Practitioner training in Ericksonian Hypnotherapy, teaching you the advanced principles, techniques and language patterns of the famous hypnotherapist Milton Erickson.
This course builds on the practitioner course, taking your knowledge, understanding and experience to the next level. It will also help you to develop a compassionate, empowering and hypnotic state of being, allowing you to help people grow, change and heal.
Who should attend?
This course is especially designed for people working in healthcare professions like psychotherapists, psychologists, doctors, nurses, and social workers. It is also an excellent way for people working in different fields like education, management or entertainment to learn to communicate more effectively. Some people take this course as a part of their own personal development.
Anyone who has completed our Practitioner course at BHRT or has an equivalent level of training, knowledge or experience can apply.
This course has a unique concept of multi-level learning; acquiring principles, concepts and structures at the conscious level while developing intuitions, experiences, and creative strategies at the unconscious level.
Every course day will include:
Presentations of Ericksonian principles, techniques and language patterns
Live demonstrations in front of the group
Video excerpts of hypnotherapy pioneer Stephen Brooks, breaking down his techniques and skills
Short and playful exercises to practice specific skills
Brainstorming sessions to generate new ideas, pathways and possibilities
Structured exercises to practice an induction or intervention
Integrative exercises to practice a full therapy session
Here is an overview of the topics covered in the master’s course. All elements from the practitioner course will be reviewed and integrated with the master skills, techniques and interventions.
The Ericksonian principles as taught on the practitioner course are taken to the next level on this master practitioner course. You will learn to express these principles through master practitioner skills and techniques and be able to internalise them as a natural state of being.
- Conscious/unconscious dissociation
- Automatic/unconscious change and healing
- Unconscious resources and solutions
- Multilevel communication
- Naturalistic trance and change
- Client individuality
- Natural ability to go into trance, change and heal
- Therapist flexibility and creativity
In this masters training you will learn advanced techniques of rapport building and discover how to lift rapport from the level of doing to the level of being.
- Creating a Yes-set and reverse Yes-set
- Cross-matching body language, breathing, voice tone
- Matching words, phrases, expressions
- Matching thinking style (metaprograms)
- Utilising beliefs, values and needs
- Developing a rapport state-of-being
You will learn advanced ways to acquire high quality information. Apart from asking the right questions we will explore the delicate balance between information gathering and rapport building.
- Advanced metamodel questions
- Questions about meaning, identity and mission
- Metaphors, analogies to elicit unconscious information
- Observe nonverbal or delayed responses to questions
- Shaping questions with body language, voice tone and breathing
- Using paradox: telling the client to hold back information
- Allow spontaneous sharing through deep rapport.
The master course will teach how to put even the most critical people into trance by being flexible and by utilising the client’s responses. You will learn how to develop a hypnotic state-of-being, making trance an easy and natural response to your presence.
- Verbal induction: self-suggestion
- Utilisation induction; utilising feelings, tension, scepticism, symptoms
- Confusion: spatial, temporal, sensory, linguistic
- Nonverbal inductions: handshake, arm levitation
- Visualisations: Brooks Old Master induction
- Metaphorical inductions: using stories, anecdotes, analogies etc.
You will learn advanced forms of hypnotic language (Milton language) for bypassing the limited and critical conscious mind and stimulating the unconscious mind.
- Multi-level communication
- Embedded and interspersed suggestions
- Implication and presupposition: verbal and nonverbal
- Complex binds and double binds
- Ambiguity, paradox, puns, jokes
- Serial suggestions
- Linking: present to desired states, goals to values/needs
- Advanced multi-level communication
- Multiple embedded metaphors/analogies
- Advanced posthypnotic suggestion
You will learn an advanced set of skills to be used during trance induction and therapeutic intervention.
- Advanced observation and utilisation of minimal cues
- Recognise clients’ metaphors (verbal and nonverbal)
- Advanced pacing and leading
- Evoke and direct symptoms
- Symptom prescription, displacement or transformation
- Identify and utilise values, beliefs, needs.
- Seeding ideas
- Multisensory anchoring of states
- Jump logical levels
- Advanced ideomotor signalling
- Advanced reframing: Sleight of Mouth
You will learn master interventions from Ericksonian hypnotherapy, NLP and Solution Focused Therapy for solving specific psychological, emotional or social problems.
- Multiple Mirror technique
- Regression/revivification therapy
- Timeline therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy (Miracle question)
- Brooks Cellular Healing therapy
- Embedded metaphors/analogies
The interventions in this course are designed to help people with a large range of issues including anxiety disorders, complex eating disorders, psychosomatic symptoms, substance abuse, depression, OCD, PTSD, insomnia, relationship problems, sexual dysfunction and pain.
The severity of the problems or symptoms you can treat will of course depend on your general knowledge and experience as a coach, counsellor or therapist as well as your current area of expertise.
People not working in a healthcare environment often use the master course to boost their communication skills or to make a leap in personal growth.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
Establish deep rapport, creating an atmosphere of safety and trust
Acquire high quality information in a safe, respectful and effective way
Guide anyone into trance utilising their own patterns
Use advanced hypnotic language in hypnotherapy or any other field
Use advanced hypnotic interventions for various symptoms, disorders and goals
Transform your own fears/doubts/symptoms into resources
Unleash your own unconscious potential and wisdom
Your trainer on this course is Jos van Boxtel, an internationally recognised hypnotherapist and trainer of Ericksonian Hypnotherapy and NLP. Jos has an established practice and training institute in the Netherlands, integrating hypnotherapy with approaches like EMDR, NLP, Solution Focused Therapy and Neurosemantics.
Jos has studied NLP in the US and Ericksonian Hypnotherapy in Germany and the UK. Jos has modelled the work of Stephen Brooks, the founder of BHRT, in considerable depth and is a leading authority on his approach to hypnotherapy. He is also author of the first of a series of Ericksonian Guides to be published in 2018.
We are a GHSC accredited training and on graduation you will receive our Master Practitioner Diploma in Ericksonian Hypnotherapy and Counselling.
If combined with our Online Course and Practitioner Diploma you will be eligible to register with the General Hypnotherapy Register.
Location: Birbeck College, University of London, Malet Street, London WC1E 7HX, United Kingdom
Dates: Saturday 17th – Sunday 25th of August 2019 (9.30am – 5.30pm).
Accommodation: People from abroad or outside of the London area can choose from a list of hotels in the area. Inexpensive accommodation is also available within the university.